Saturday, December 5, 2009

What is a good song to play for my concert band?

We are an 8th grade band, but we are advanced for being one. We can probably play freshman stuff. We like dark sounding music, such as "Phantom of the Opera", "Incantations" and other songs. We are really struggling to find a good song for our last concert.. We wanted to play theme songs from movies, but our director wouldnt let us. Please tell me a song you really liked, or that you KNOW is very, very good, that includes the details i described above?



What is a good song to play for my concert band?city opera



CARTOON SYMPHONY!!!



it's the best



it has themes from like the simpsons, pink panther, the jestsons, bugs bunny, flintstones.



look it up on youtube



What is a good song to play for my concert band?performing shows opera theater



dude....I am the man to tell you that EXALTATION is THE BEST concert band song that you could ever play as an 8th grader. Im in 9th grade and we played that last year for some competition and won gold. It is so SWEEET



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBlFQ-j8o...



this is not my old band



(we where sweeter ;] )
try Into the Storm by Robert W. Smith



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnzqblDnZ...



or Abrams Pursuit by Holsinger



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nVADSCdN...



Edit: Scratch the holsinger, i forgot how hard it was! (I played it in high school)



Equinox is a fun one that I remember playing in 8th grade (by Ed Huckeby) unfortunately I can't find it on youtube
Phantom is the favorite of my 8th grade band. Me and my friends are Really good drummers so we did more drum stuff but yea it rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd