Saturday, December 5, 2009

I need help with a monologue and a song.?

I have to audition to get into the performing arts academy. I have already done shows there in the past so the know me but we now need to perform a monolouge and 20 measures of a song and I need suggestions. I do not have any idea what monolouge to do. I am a 17 year old girl and I usually sing second soprano and I need a song to show off my range.



Thank you!



I need help with a monologue and a song.?greek theater



Depends on what sort of monologue they require.



I'm assuming you're from the states so my knowledge of suitable monologues for your accent and age is fairly limited. However, do have a look at the character of The Jailers Daughter in Shakespeare's "Two Noble Kinsmen" (act 2 scene 4 "Why should I love this gentleman?...")



Don't be put off by the fact its Shakespeare. Its easier than you think and if you are American your accent is closer to how it should be spoken.



As regards the song they're not my area. But as a suggestion maybe Nancy's song " As Long As He Needs Me" from Oliver by Lionel Bart.



Hope this helps in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd