Thursday, December 10, 2009

Do you have to dance to be involved in theatre?

I want to start auditioning for some shows at my local theatre.



I know how to sing and act, but at the audition, they show you a dance combination and you have to do it.



Does it matter if your good or not?



I've had NO dance experience.



I'm 17 and I'm new to this whole performing thing, so any advice would be amazing.



Also, I metioned that I'm 17. Am I too old to start performing?



I have never been in any shows, and I know there are a lot of people who have been doing this since they were little.



Will this be a disadvantage to me?



Do you have to dance to be involved in theatre?performing shows



As far as I know, theatrical productions require some footwork so you need some dancing skills. Not necessarily you need to be a good dancer but you need to have the basics and a good body coordination. You cant be on theater if you move like a robot.



Do you have to dance to be involved in theatre?say yes opera theater



No, if you can make up for it in another area.
Theater will call upon you to sing and dance.



It is good to be ready. You don't have to be Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly....just be limber and able to take direction and learn some moves.



Theater can be demanding.
Get over it and start learning now. You're lucky if they don't ask you to juggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd